About Our School
At Freedom Middle, we believe that academic excellence is achieved collaboratively by using data-driven instructional practices, setting high expectations, embracing diversity, and ensuring safety for all. In order to achieve these goals, we depend on the collaboration of students, faculty, staff, parents, and community members in decision-making and school activities.
We are proud to offer a diverse program of core academics, fine arts, technology, wellness, and relationship-building to our students. We understand that the middle school years are some of the most formative in a child’s life. At Freedom Middle School, we are proud of the support and opportunities we have to offer students as they prepare for high school and beyond. If you are not already a member of the FMS family, we would love for you to join us and become a Freedom Star!
Our Mission Statement
Our belief is to foster an environment that nurtures students academically, physically, socially, and emotionally so that they are equipped to persevere and become more productive citizens.
Everyone in the Freedom Middle School community will work together to ensure that all students, in a safe and engaging environment, will have the opportunity to:
● Demonstrate skills needed to become lifelong learners.
● Demonstrate skills needed to produce high quality work.
● Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Demonstrate awareness of their roles as informed, responsible citizens in our diverse world.
● Demonstrate skill in using technology for resource gathering and problem solving.