About Our School
At Freedom Middle, we believe that academic excellence is achieved collaboratively by using data-driven instructional practices, setting high expectations, embracing diversity, and ensuring safety for all. In order to achieve these goals, we depend on the collaboration of students, faculty, staff, parents, and community members in decision-making and school activities.
We are proud to offer a diverse program of core academics, fine arts, technology, wellness, and relationship-building to our students. We understand that the middle school years are some of the most formative in a child’s life. At Freedom Middle School, we are proud of the support and opportunities we have to offer students as they prepare for high school and beyond. If you are not already a member of the FMS family, we would love for you to join us and become a Freedom Star!
Our Standout Accolades
1. Annual All-In Read provides an opportunity for our students and families to engage in a novel together!
2. Consistent student representation in the Williamson County Honor Band, Chorus and Orchestra Member of Williamson Middle Athletic Association (WMAA).
3. Recent championships in Baseball (2021), Basketball (2020) and Football (2019)
4. Level 5 Growth in Literacy on TCAP in 2021
5. High school credit courses offered (Computer Science, Algebra, Geometry, World Language)
6. Vanderbilt Model of Demonstration School for positive behavior supports
7. Counseling supports that include outside agencies and a school therapy dog
Common Sense Schools are certified after completing professional development, student instruction, and family outreach to demonstrate a commitment to responsible, effective technology use.